That’s how we’re approaching Cole’s season-ending ankle injury last week. Tackled and twisted, he ruptured a ligament in his ankle in his game. There’s only 3 games left, but one of them happens to be the Bountiful game. That’s torture for a Woods Cross boy! So, he will get to watch from the sidelines and contribute in a different way (that’s the positive spin we’re going with). Yesterday was the surgery and he came through it like a champ and, boy, was he funny on drugs! Here’s his post-op pic:
Without drugs, there’s no way I’d get a thumbs up and a smiling picture. Here’s a picture from the surgery:
The clamp pushed the bones back together and then the high tech “stringy” zip tie thing is inserted through the drilled holes (above the clamp) and tightened. The device stays in his ankle (forever) and then scar tissue forms over the ligament and strengthens it. That’s my very own description. It sounded different from the doctor! But he’ll be good as new after 6 weeks on crutches and some physical therapy.
And, while he’s been knocked out on drugs flat on his back these past 2 days, look what I did:
Carolyn came over and taught me and then today I did it on my own! From our very own peach tree. I feel so domestic! I can’t wait to put them on my shelves in my food storage room. By the way, this is my kitchen, and although it is a bit dated and “old,” it is totally functional with lots of storage room. I really love it! It is bright and sunny and looks out over the backyard.
No comments:
Post a Comment