What would I do without my Evan? He's always there for me. Here's a conversation I just had with him while driving him to soccer practice. I must note that just as he began talking I was listening to Bill O'Riley on the Radio talk about Proposition 8 and wishing Evan would just be quiet so I could listen (shame on me). He started out talking about Halloween decorations and then started into this:
Evan: "Mom, when you were a little girl, did you go to the temple with your mom and dad and get sealed with them?"
Me: "No, I didn't Evan."
Evan: " (After a pause)...that means that you won't be with them forever."
Me: "I know Evan, that's something that I pray for everyday."
Evan: "Okay, Mom, I'm going to help you pray for that too."
I'm so thankful for my wonderful children who remind me each and everyday what is really important in life. Thanks Evan for making my "Terrible Tuesday of Driving" around completely worth it!!! I know that someday soon, OUR prayers will be answered!!!
5 comments:
Yes, kids do remind us of what's most important in the this crazy world. Too bad they can't stay kids... Hope you don't mind if I mentioned your name in my blog today. When can we do lunch??? I miss my friends
That's perfect! I love when my kids ask and bring up such topics. :)
I didn't know you were part of the bloggers. What cute pictures and great stories. We miss the great families there.
that is sweet and so genuine of him.
Evan is so sweet. He did a good job at the primary program yesterday.
Post a Comment