Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Budding Violinists!

Yesterday Clarie and Evan had the wonderful opportunity to perform with their teacher's professional string quartet at a school assembly in Oakley. They were very nervous and not too sure they wanted to do it--translated that means that, yes, I did force them! But they ended up really enjoying it. What a great experience. They loved playing with adults.



Here's a little clip of the performance:


Not only was this good for them--it was good for me also. All the driving to lessons, all the nagging about practicing--it was payback for me. It reaffirms to me the importance of music lessons, sorry guys... you're NEVER quitting!

4 comments:

Audry said...

What a great experience for them. I'm sure they are glad that you made them do it.

D-dawg said...

YAY! You figured out the video. Good job. I am so impressed with their violin skills. I think I'm going to have one of my kids try it in the next few years. It's so pretty and Sherrie is great!

Brigitta said...

Wow, I didn't realize they were getting so good on the violin. I know it's hard instrument. At least that's what i've heard. My little sister played and it seems like for 10 years it sounded like she was scratching the violin. It never made a pretty sound at our house growing up.

Celia Fae said...

Holy cow. How in the world did you get that video on there?

Great footage of the violining. Please tell me your extended family reads this blog.

I should be a better commenter. I need to repent.