Lauren has always loved to read and has many favorite books. This is one of Lauren's favorites--about one of Lauren's idols--Mia Hamm. Lauren has read this book many times over...
I have always admired the way Lauren works at things. She figures out what she wants to accomplish and then makes a plan. I know it would be a dream come true for her to someday meet Mia Hamm. In the meantime, she's working on another dream...
Lauren spends countless hours in the backyard practicing. She can juggle the soccer ball well over 100 times without stopping. Lauren would love to play soccer in college. She would especially love to play for BYU! Last month the BYU Women's Team came to the Bay Area to play UC Berkeley. We took the kids out of school early and made the trip. There were actually a lot of Cougar fans in the stand and even one lady who insisted on singing the Cougar Fight Song (solo) at the end of the game. If I could have gotten a picture of Cole staring at her it would have been priceless. Here's a few pictures from the game.
We had a great time, but more importantly, Lauren got a vision of where she wants to go. Good luck with your dream, Lauren--we're all rooting for you!

2 comments:
Go Lauren! (and COUGS!)
Celia and I would have joined in the cougar fight song with her so the poor woman didn't have to sing a solo. Why didn't you join in? Rise and shout!
Post a Comment