Friday, December 12, 2008

WANTED...Lost Christmas Spirit, Please return!

So, this will be a random post about what is on my mind at 3:45 a.m. on a weekday in December. What would be on a mom's mind at such an hour in the month of December? Well, I know you're dying to know, so here it is:


-Family Christmas ornaments, got to do them, and get them out.
-cards, need to write the "letter" and mail them
-need to schedule traditions on the calendar
-cut-out Christmas cookies, when to do them?
-Family Sleep out under the tree, need to plan and schedule (cutting into teenager weekend time, should be interesting this year)
-Costco for jam, looking for jam to give with my homemade bread, should have made strawberry this summer from Brentwood strawberries.
-Gifts for friends (homemade bread? Cookies?)
-Gifts for neighbors, soccer people, teachers, oh my!
-Finish up gifts for family that need to be mailed (like yesterday)
-Pictures for Grandma, take some individual shots of the kids (help Denae)
-Food shopping, menu planning, make list
-Fold laundry
-waiting for on-line shopping items to arrive-hurry up!
-need to go out shopping with Kirk, this weekend? Yeah right. Got to finish up kid's gifts.
-need to take kids out for Kirk's gift. WHEN?
-Claire and Evan, work with them on Silent Night for ward Christmas party, it's still sounding very scary right now, only 2 days left to make it sound better (can you say squeaky violins?)
-Speaking of violins, order new violin for Claire so Evan can use hers. His fingers are too big for the one he's been using. What size? I think 3/4 now, how do you tell, they all look the same to me...
-FINISH ornaments on tree, get Lauren to get hers up
-keep watering the tree EVERYDAY so it doesn't dry out.


oh, and lest I forget:

-Get Christmas spirit oozing out of me again. What happened? I had it. Why can't I find it now? I think it's buried in my brain somewhere...

And finally, some cute pictures of the family. I know it's not Denae quality, but it was the best I could do with 15 minutes of daylight left on a Sunday afternoon. Only 1 crying fatality this year, and it happened toward the end (lucky me).









And, now that I see this cute family I think I feel a bit renewed and ready to tackle the tasks of the day.
I'll grab that Christmas Spirit by the horns and move forward!

But for now, I think I'll try and go back to sleep. There's 2 more hours before seminary...
Good night!

3 comments:

D-dawg said...

CAROL!! I feel your pain. Too many things on my mind. Maybe I should make a list like you. I have 3 lists right now but they are all lost- either in my purse, car, or under paperwork on my desk!!!

So, I think your pictures turned out great- good job!! If you want me to do individual's of the kids I totally can.

Lorie said...

Your pictures look great Carol! Good job!!

Bayles Clan said...

those are some great family pictures. bryan kept saying-man they have such a good lookin family! i would have to agree!