Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008



I think if you asked the children they would say they had a good Christmas this year. We did all the normal "stuff" that they enjoy doing. We had Grandma and Pap Pap come and stay for Christmas week, which we all enjoyed. For me, Christmas felt a little bit rushed and I have to say, I didn't enjoy it like I wished I would have. I think Lauren's soccer schedule cut into my preparation time more than I thought it did. Maybe that's how we, as moms, always feel. But, next year, I'd like to enjoy my month a little bit more.


Here's some highlights that I managed to take pictures of...



This year, instead of letting the kids do all the sugar cookie decorating, I had a little fun myself and made sugar-cookie likenesses of each of the children. They all guessed right away which one was them. They were gobbled-up quickly, some faster than others. Lauren decided she did not want a picture taken with her sugar cookie look-a-like (party-pooper).


Here we are ice-skating.


Grandma was very brave and looks very happy and relaxed
in this picture (we were actually holding her up).


And, this is really all we saw of Evan, a flash of red followed by a terrific crash landing...
He would love ice-hockey!



Favorite gifts: Claire's video camera so she can record her "Crafting with Claire" episodes. Lauren read "Reunion" all day. Cole displays his new ipod, computer game, and Ironman video. Evan's marble tract.


Lauren and Pap Pap rocking out!



The kids received a turn table (record player) from Grandma and Pap Pap
and we got out all the old records! They were fascinated with such an "old fashioned" contraption!



They must've been good little children this year because Santa treated them very well!





No comments: