Finding pictures of Claire for this post isn’t really too hard since she takes several HUNDRED pictures with friends ALL the time! Claire’s had a fairly easy adjustment to living in Bountiful. This is one of her new friends. I never have any idea what is going on in most of her pictures.
She loves to put gobs of make-up on and take pictures. Sad thing is, she’s really good at it. Too much practice for a just barely 13 year old-don’t you think? I’m sure the other moms say things like, “I can’t believe her mother lets her out of the house that way…” Some days I have bigger battles to pursue and some days I don’t. Claire is willing to take the chance!
She still has a soft spot for her Shorty-puppy!
Apparently Shorty has some competition for her affections. It’s been a tough year keeping the boys out of the house—literally, but I’m up for the job (like I said, I pick my battles).
But, underneath it all, she’s still our happy, smiling Claire, just with a little sass now!
She went to dance camp at BYU this summer with her friend, LANI, from California. They stayed in the dorms for 2 weeks and didn’t even talk to any boys (really?) She had a wonderful time and learned how to blow dry her pointe shoes???
She bonded with cousins at family reunion time. Millie might be trying to keep the sun out of her eyes or, she might be growling like a tiger?
She drove a boat at Red Fish Lake.
She rode an ATV thing with Evan and Kirk and I in St. George.
She had many dance performances, and loved them all. She’s the little one in the middle.
And bonded with Lauren on a trip to Arizona!
I don’t have any pictures with her and Cole. We’ll have to work on that.
I think girls with older sisters are lucky. They can leave all the serious growing up stuff to them to figure out and they can just hang back and enjoy the ride. So, while Claire tries her best to ride off into the sunset…
We’ll be following close behind, to keep her “reigned” in! We love you, Claire!
2 comments:
Awww...this makes me miss you guys so much! And I must say that I am so proud of Claire's make-up applying talent! She's a girl after my own heart! xoxox
She is growing up and so gorgeous and talented....two beautiful mcmullin girls growing up too quickly. Where is the time going. I hear Lauren is playing soccer like a pro...we need to catch up one of these days. maybe we will make it out there over the christmas break
Post a Comment