I believe that’s an old song. When we lived in California, I would have dreams about having a basement and what I would do with the extra space. Well, I pretty much have my dream basement, minus the forest green carpet! Here’s my favorite space in the entire house!
It’s my craft room! Cole calls it my “crap room". But, it is an amazing space filled with amazing amounts of storage. And, it’s all mine!!! What did I do with all this stuff before? I have no idea. I think I must have had it tucked away in all different places of the house. I have all my sewing, craft, scrapbook, keepsakes, wrapping, extra frames that need pictures, the list goes on and on.
It has closed storage from floor to ceiling with adjustable shelves!
Then a corner desk area with tons of counter space. To the left of the desk space is a cabinet that perfectly stores my sewing machine. Then there are drawers! And then, more closed storage! I know, amazing!
This will be my inspiration board. I just love being to spread out a project and be able to leave it and not have it in the way. I’ve kept my sewing machine out and can run down and fix something for the kids very quickly. I even hemmed up a long dress for Claire one morning right before church. It’s my happy place! Here’s another happy place,
Yes, that’s right, food storage ROOM, a whole room! But, wait, it gets better…
I know, it’s HUGE! It also makes me realize that I have no where near 1 year’s supply of food. But, I do have a lifetime supply of toys that my kids have played with (so I can be the favorite Grandma). So to all my California friends, move to Utah and you too, can have this much storage!!! Does it make up for lack of a beach and snow, not sure about that!
1 comment:
Yay! Some updated posts finally! Love the new rooms! You'd never get that in California...but you'd also never get 9 months of snow here either! ;) Miss you guys! xoxox
Post a Comment