We "fired" the gardeners a few months ago...Cole wanted the responsibility (and payment) for mowing the lawns. Kirk and I agreed that this would be a good experience for him. Turns out, mowing the grass is probably the EASY part of maintaining the yard. Our nearly 1/2 acre of landscaping actually requires a lot of attention (an enlightening moment for us). So, our 3-day weekend, which happened to be 100% sporting-event free, turned into our Labor Day Weekend project! Overall, I have to say, our kids did a great job helping out. Once we got Cole and Lauren OUT of bed in the morning, they were very productive, with minimal drama! Here's a few pictures from the weekend...
Evan, in front of our 5 yards of mulch. Turns out we could have used about 2 more yards, but we made it work. The kids quickly figured out that shoveling into the wheelbarrow was the hard part of the job.
Claire, ever the glamour girl, managed to look spectacular while clipping "suckers" from the trees. They liked saying the word "suckers" without getting in trouble!
Speaking of "glamour girls," Lauren and friends managed to squeeze in a Church-sponsored Dance down in Pleasanton Saturday night. As parents, we go to great lengths (and great driving distances) so that they can enjoy a dance that is more wholesome than what they find at their school dances.
Sunday morning I awoke to "craftime" with Claire and Evan. They were quietly creating little egg-carton bugs together. What did I ever do to deserve these two-great kids? Oh, yeah, the other two are great also, but they are teenagers now, so the sentiment is not always there!
2 comments:
yes, I was thinking who had a very laborious labor day weekend, but I am sure it was very fulfilling. Let's plan something fun to do for this week.
Looks like you were a lot more productive than we were! Good for you! You have great kids. I'll be looking for pointers soon!!!
Post a Comment