Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Friends…

I know in my brain that friendship is eternal, but my heart aches when I think that in such a short time, I will not have daily contact with those who have been my family.  My heart aches for my children and their friends.  How can we leave behind what has sustained us, given us joy, and helped us grow and learn?  They can’t be replaced by others.  It is hard to believe that in less than 1 week, my life will be totally different…

Celia and I are such good friends now that we subconsciously coordinate our clothing on Sunday.  (Notice, my new “Miche Bag.”)  We can text each other during Sacrament meeting without really texting because we can read each other’s mind.

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

I’ve always loved the above quote.  My friends have always been those who inspire me to be a better person.  I’ve had many in California and my world has become larger.

IMG_1536

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
Marcel Proust

 

27468_1696527646_8006_n IMG_0122

I can honestly say that each of my children have been blessed with wonderful friends here in California.  I know that there will be a rebuilding with new friends in Utah, but it will take time.  It will be a season before the laughter and joy resumes.  There will be tears and I will need to comfort them and tell them that I know how they feel, because I do…

DSC01169

I’m counting on lots of visitors so friendships may continue.  I’m hoping that many of Lauren’s friends make their way to Utah for college.  I’m thankful for blogs and email which will keep us all posted on the good and the bad.  This is not going to be a good-bye, but rather a “see you soon.”  I can’t say good-bye…

DSC01696

If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.

See you soon!

No comments: