Monday, August 9, 2010

Welcome to Utah—now get lost!

 huge_85_428062

Not the right place for Lauren and Cole apparently…

Kirk got a job in Utah!  We are moving…here are the kids reactions;

Lauren-“you are ruining my life…”

Cole-“I AM NOT MOVING TO SALT LAKE, YOU CAN’T MAKE ME…”

Claire-crying

Evan-after watching everyone else cry, why not join in? and then, “I have to leave all my friends, I will be FRIENDLESS…hey, I just made up a word…”  then laughs

That was Saturday night…how long can I patiently endure being hated, not talked to, and being responded to with grunts?  Tune in…it’s going to be a long year…

No details yet, other than Kirk starts the job on August 23rd, two weeks.  We have many decisions to make and many miracles that need to occur, one of which is me not completely losing it with Lauren and Cole.  I AM an understanding and patient mother, I am compassionate and caring, NOW suck it up and deal with it!

Here’s the welcome poster for Kirk:

6544266

Onto new opportunities and experiences, new schools, new friends, visits with old friends, AND Grandma and Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles, and COUSINS—Yippee! 

Yes, Life Elevated!

5 comments:

D-dawg said...

This is a sad post. DON'T LEAVE US! Don't you know we need you?

Also, what can I do to help you? Moving is the worsssst. And I remember you came and helped me move in a few years ago.

-M said...

Responses here in Utah:

Millie "Alright!"

Chloe "What? I can't believe it! Yeah!"

:)Keep smiling:)

Brigitta said...

our response: Waaaaaaah!!! totally depressing that great family has to leave us.

Jacob's response: "Evan told me today at church he is moving to Utah, can we move with them"
(not even kidding on that response)

Christian's response: "What? they are moving? no they aren't. Cole did not tell me this. Jacob I think Evan was just making that up."

Carson's response: Huh?

Ethan's response: Where's my second lookalike mommy that would hold me at church...

p.s. someday they will thank you for the move. But not for a long time though. It's normal and natural for them to hate the idea and to be sad leaving behind what they know.

At least you know that we will come visit, cuz we go to Utah so often.

You will be greatly missed.... Now let me know what I can do to help.

Celia Fae said...

I'm with Lauren and Cole except I'm not going to verbally berate you.

I still can't believe it is true.

Bayles Clan said...

whoo hoo
tell cole lauren claire and even that I am all they need right now. ha ha like that is going to help. no but really truly those kids will do amazing no matter where they are (I also know you can't say that to them either) but they really will. we are sure excited!!!! what can we do on this end. let us know we will all pitch in.