I love this picture of us. We all had such a great week at camp! It was Claire’s first year and despite the LONG days and bugs—she loved it and wants to go again. This was Lauren’s 5th year—her YCL year (youth camp leader). She and her friend, Abbey, were YCL’s for Claire’s group. They were the Lollipop Girls!
This is the Craft Shack where I spent most of my week. I was in charge of crafts for the camp. This really means I have access to electricity (flat iron) and a mini-refrigerator (keeper of illegal foods for friends), I have lots of free time, I don’t have to get up early to go to devotional or flag, and I can take a little pill to go to sleep at night because I don’t have a cabin-full of screaming girls to try to keep track of.
Here are some of the screaming girls! They are our ward girls, and really they are cute and sweet. Each night at ward wrap-up (in the “craft shack”) we were able to visit, eat candy, eat more candy together, and then send them off for their leaders to deal with.
Lauren and Abbey with their sisters. Aw, sweet!
On Friday the Bishop comes up to meet with the girls. He is in this picture with the silly girls.
I wish I had a picture of the craft we did. It was a washer and dog tag necklace that the girls got to pound in the words, “Find the Courage Within", with their names. This is the outside area of the Craft Shack where the work was done.
Also not pictured would be my deluxe sleeping quarters which include a queen-size air mattress, sheets, quilts, my body-pillow and other assorted pillows to make my sleeping experience as comfy as possible!
I love camping!!!
2 comments:
Too bad that was your last year with us. That's all I can think of.
I remember the days ! :)
Girls Camp is the best! :)
Post a Comment