Thursday, August 4, 2011

Claire’s Room

 

Ever since Kirk quit his job at Sprint and I knew that selling the house was a high probability I went into “house staging mode.”  I didn’t tell the kids why I took down personal pictures or why they couldn’t paint their room some crazy color.  I just was preparing for what I knew was coming.  Two years later we are finally settled and permanent!  So when Claire wanted to paint her room purple, and I mean purple, how could I deny her?  First, she had to take down the wallpaper border, and that just about did her in.  Good thing she had Shorty close by to keep her company!

DSC00759

DSC00760

Here’s a sneak peak after 2 coats of purple.  She loves it and wants to move to window treatments now…oh boy, she might just be my daughter!

DSC00764The curtain leads to her walk-in closet, which is huge!  She’s been bugging us to take down the door since we moved in.  Kirk wouldn’t let her, but I’m thinking we’ve got at least a year before he notices!

1 comment:

Lorie said...

I love that shade of purple - it looks great! I'm enjoying these pictures of your new house - hope you are loving UT!